VintageELLE is a British Lifestyle blog, focussing in on a Twenty Something's passion for all things Travel, Style & Food related. Follow for weekly Life Updates, Travel Diaries or Style Advice!

Monday 25 March 2013

Drugstore Beauty Haul & Review.....

Is it just me, or has every single beauty brands known to earth decided to all of a sudden released loads of new products!

Now I know it is their job to & maybe it is because I was blind to the fact before, but it seems every brand I saw when wondering through Superdrug had either one or more new products added to their collections. So to celebrate this (or to celebrate my new found 'oh my god, new things!' awareness) I had a little look & picked out a few bits & bobs that I thought looked interesting & pretty!

P1070811

P1070813

P1070816
                                     Rimmel Apocalips- £5.99 each

First impressions: Love the colour range, when swatched they are really glossy, thick & bright in colour, oh & the packaging is great (it looks like a black crystal!). Feels nice on the lips & although after having a drink or eating something the colour does wear away slightly, I feel as though you could easily get away with not touching it up as it is still an even colour all over & the colour is still stained on the lips.

P1070817

P1070820

P1070825
                    Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Moss Lipstick in 101- £5.49 each

First impressions: Although I love the colour in the tube, on the lips it has a slight bluer undertone then I was expecting & wanting. Having said that it does feel nice & soft on the lips & I would repurchase in a different colour!

P1070828
                       Maybelline 'The Rocket' Mascara in Black- £7.99

First impressions: I'm in two minds about this mascara. On one hand I think its very similar to my loved Covergirl Lash Blast mascara- it does give roughly the same amount of volume as the Covergirl mascara, as the brush is identical meaning that it seperates the lashes when you run it through & it goes from the root to the tip. & of course it is easier for me to purchase as it is available in the UK- but I just don't know!! On the other, there's just something that I can't put my finger on which is stopping me from loving this mascara!! Yes, I sounded like a complete freek when I said that, but maybe I just need to use it more so that it grows on me!

P1070806

P1070807

P1070808
                             Makeup Academy Eyeshadow Palette in 'Undress Me Too'- £3

First impressions: I really really have been loving this palette!! As you probably know I love my MUA 'Heaven & Earth' palette & when I saw the colour selection of this one, it sold it to me! Now, I know many people have been saying that this is a really good dupe for the cult 'Naked 2' palette & although I do not own that particular palette, I have swatched it in the store & it is extremely similar in the colour variety & quality! As always the quality of the eyeshadows is brilliant- velvety in texture & easy to apply & blend, the colour variety is beautiful & I just love everything about it!! Oh & it was only £3 from £4- an absolute steal!


*****


It is safe to say that I have really been enjoying using these products recently & most will probably sneak into my everyday makeup routine on a permanent basis!

What beauty products have you recently discovered & are really enjoying?

Much Love,
Elle
xoxoxo


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© VintageELLE09 | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig