VintageELLE is a British Lifestyle blog, focussing in on a Twenty Something's passion for all things Travel, Style & Food related. Follow for weekly Life Updates, Travel Diaries or Style Advice!

Monday 15 July 2013

Prepping For Holiday Haul......

T minus twelve days until I will be jetting off on my two week *puts on a dodgy french accent* vacances with my family to the South of France!!!!! 


I am beyond excited- the food, the sights, the expensive lifestyle, the designers, the boats (!?) to name a few but most importantly to send some quality time with my family relaxing & enjoying each others company.


P1080750
L-R: Garnier Ambre Solaire BB Cream, Schwarzkopf Got2B Beach Mist Sea Salt Spray, Hawiian Tropic After Sun Cream, Hawiian Tropic Silk Hydration Sun Cream in SPF 30, Garnier Ambre Solaire Clear Protect+ Waterproof Sun Cream in SPF 20, L'Oreal Skin Perfection Micellier Solution & Schwarzkopf Got2B Rockin It Dry Shampoo.   
P1080748

So because I have a pretty jam packed schedule over the next couple of weeks with very little time to go shopping to get much needed holiday essentials, I grabbed my purse & Adam (I can't drive so he is forced to drive me everywhere haaha!) & headed over to Asda to mull over some pool/beach necessitates. 

Note: If you live in England & have a local Asda near you (or even if you don't its worth the visit) I would thoroughly recommend having a wonder down their beauty aisles, mainly because I found everything that I was going to buy in Boots or Superdrug substantially cheaper (example: Garnier BB Cream retails in Boots for £14 ish & I picked this one up for £8!!!).

Products at a glance:

Garnier Ambre Solaire BB Cream: By now everyone from your boss to your granny probably knows what a BB (beauty balm) Cream is, but for those who don't it's pretty much a thicker version of a tinted moisturiser with more coverage & beauty boosting benefits. I had seen this in last weeks copy of Grazia & thought I would give it a whirl, the added pluses are it is SPF 50 which is great for not burning the face (cross fingers) & it doesn't feel greasy on the skin like most products with SPF added in do. Slight downside is that at the moment it is a tad too dark for my skin, but for sure once I've been out in the sun a little bit it should work!

Schwarzkopf Got2B Sea Salt Spray: Wanted a cheap Sea Salt Spray to add texture & volume to my no-heat waves & didn't want to commit to £7 for the Toni & Guy one. I have already started to use this & I love- definitely adds a good amount of texture to my waves & holds the style pretty much all day. I think this will make my monthly favourites!!

Hawiian Tropic After Sun Cream & Silk Hydration Sun Cream: These were both brought purely on the fact that they smell amazing- like a coconut party for my nose! I have heard good things about the brand & as they had a huge offer of buy two for £12, they jumped straight into my basket. 

Garnier Ambre Soliare Clear Protect Sun Cream: Now this was brought for water-loving Adam. If your other half is addicted to the pool or sea, hates sunbathing but somehow manages to get a burnt then this sun cream is for you! Again I saw this is a magazine & instantly knew that this needed to be the suncream for Adam- marketed as being water resistant & non sticky (one of his hates of feeling like he is wearing sun cream) it is prefect for kids & people who generally hate the feeling of suncream & who love the water. I made him spray some of it on his hand just to try it out & he agreed that it didn't feel sticky or greasy, so we shall see how it fairs!

L'Oreal Micelleir Solution: I ran out this month so needed to purchase some more before I went away & this was a steal at £2 instead of the £4.99 I normally pay in Superdrug!! I love this cleanser & makeup remover so much- it is the closets thing to Bioderma that is readily available in the UK & is so soothing on the skin, especially if it is slightly burnt.

Schwarzkopf Got2B Rockin It Dry Shampoo: Again I ran out of my trusty Tresemme dry shampoo & wanted to try a different brand. This smells nice & fruity & so far it does the job of making my hair look non-greasy in between washes, only problem is that it does leave my scalp feeling a little dry after rubbing in & brushing through which my Tresemme one doesn't. 

Are you going on holiday soon? If so where & do you have anymore holiday essentials I should try out?

Much Love,
Elle
xoxoxo
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© VintageELLE09 | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig