VintageELLE is a British Lifestyle blog, focussing in on a Twenty Something's passion for all things Travel, Style & Food related. Follow for weekly Life Updates, Travel Diaries or Style Advice!

Wednesday 7 May 2014

How To Sooth An Itchy Scalp......

IMG_1968

Ladies I hold my hand up & admit that I, like sixty percent of the global population suffer from itchy scalp & Dandruff! Not only is it not glamorous, it also makes you feel self conscious, restless & frustrated.

After spending a good deal of my teens washing my hair every other day & 'suffering in silence' with my irritable scalp, I wanted to share with you all two of my tried & tested, 'no frills' products that have helped my scalp feel & look healthy again, as well as restoring my love for my hair! 

Head & Shoulders Citrus Fresh Shampoo: I am not afraid to admit it, for years I have used Head & Shoulders to try to combat my dry & (gulp) dandruff prone scalp. Not only do I personally suffer from a sensitive & dry scalp, but also my roots become fairly greasy after the second day meaning that I have two big nasties to tackle. The Citrus Fresh version of this shampoo I find works the best for me, as its formulation is made specifically for greasy hair. It doesn't smell too lemony almost a little bit herbal which when applied to the scalp, gives off a cool, soothing sensation. What I love most about this shampoo is how calm my scalp feels after using it, which makes a huge difference to the way my hair feels everyday. 

Boots Build Up Removal Expert Shampoo: A few months back, I started to notice straight after washing & blow drying my hair that for some reason my hair would look greasy & limp, as though I had not washed it at all. After numerous frantic google searches & badgering my mum to examine my hair, (lol!) I came to the conclusion that my hair was wighted down with product *cough dry shampoo* & needed a good old detox. I didn't want to splash out & buy the Bumble & Bumble Sunday Shampoo (which I did eventually buy!) so again headed to google search to find a cheaper alternative, where I found many rave reviews on a boots own brand! This shampoo is liquid gold- removes product build up like a dream leaving my hair feeling super clean & voluminous as well as looking super glossy & healthy days after. The only negative that I do find when I use this is, like all clarifying shampoos is that it is too harsh to use every time you wash your hair & although I only wash my hair twice a week, I tend to use this every other week as it can become too harsh on my scalp making it become greasy on day two. That aside I love this shampoo as a cheap, fortnightly hair detox & actually when alternated between hair washes with my Head & Shoulders Shampoo, keeps my scalp feeling a lot calmer & health looking. Side Note- expect a comparison post between The Bumble & Bumble Sunday Shampoo & this one next week!

What are your hair 'unsung heros'?

Much Love,
Elle
xoxo
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© VintageELLE09 | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig