VintageELLE is a British Lifestyle blog, focussing in on a Twenty Something's passion for all things Travel, Style & Food related. Follow for weekly Life Updates, Travel Diaries or Style Advice!

Tuesday 21 May 2013

Being Elle: The Sunday Catch-Up Week 007

IMG_1474

Side Note: Sorry for the two week hiatus on these posts, work got crazy! But they are back......

1. Monday began with Adam's 23rd Birthday. After weeks months of him not knowing what he wanted for his birthday, the day finally came where I only could muster up two gifts! It's not that I didn't want to get him anything, he was just being as always difficult, leaving it till last minuet & genuinely he did not give me any ideas, so I had to free style! Men! I love making & receiving home made gifts & so I made him a Magnolia Bakery doppelganger of our favourite & loved Red Velvet cake, complete with home made icing, which tasted exactly the same as the real deal. As you can see from the above picture, it turned out not too shabby & was eaten up in under a day! Also I made on Printstagram a poster photo montage, which did arrive late but it looked great & he loved it!! Oh & on his birthday he found a wallet he really liked & so I brought him that too!! Overall he had a pretty good day, mainly filled with a lot of cake, food, Star Trek (Adam is a 'treky' & we saw the latest one on his birthday, which was so good!!) & chilling out- just how we like to celebrate!

2. Tuesday onwards I was struck down by a Spring cold! How could I have gone all the way through Winter without catching one & then in Spring manage to become germ infested!? Needless to say on my day off on Wednesday most of the day was spent feeling sorry for myself in bed!!

3. I brought some boyfriend jeans finally from New Look & have been addicted to wearing them. I brought them a size too big so they are super baggy & have been wearing them with a belt, plain T, fitted blazer & flats. Maybe it's time to retire my skinnies?!

4. Managed to Facetime with one of my good friends Joanna, which was brilliant. She's moved over to Sweden permanently & apart from emailing we haven't spoken properly in about four months, so it was so good to hear her voice & see her face & catch up- I miss her so much ♥

5. New summer drink love from Costa: Pineapple, Coconut & Lime Fruit Cooler- It's so lush & summery, although be warned as twice in a row my local Costa ran out of ice & I couldn't get one!

6. The Great Gatsby was FINALLY released at the cinema & I dragged Adam along to watch it with me. Now Baz Luhrmann is my all time favourite director & The Great Gatsby is one of my favourite books, so you can imagine how excited I have been since finding out this movie was being made!! It is hands down my favourite film of the year, ( I know it has had a lot of criticism & mixed reviews) I loved the costumes, the way it was shot & edited (classic Baz), the way modern music was incorporated into the movie though still in keeping with the era,  the set was phenomenal as was the graphics & the way the story was told, even though it was different to how it is narrated in the book, was beautifully acted & great to watch. I know the way Luhrmann tells a story is not to everyones taste (too artsy, too over the top, too much going on) but for me, this was how the 1920's was & everything Fitzgerald wrote about in the book was over satirised with a lot of imagery, juxtapositions & narration thrown in! Can you tell I studied English Literature!? & so the ending did bring a tear to my eye! 

7. This weekend I was constantly on Instagram & Twitter, documenting everything from The Eurovision Song Contest through to food & to my weekend face! I was social media crazy! Oh & I discovered emoji's!

8. Highlights on the blog include| Printstagram Haul & My Sunday 'No Makeup' Makeup Routine. Youtube Highlight| Products I Have Used Up: Empties #1

What has been happening this week for you guys?

Much Love,
Elle
xoxoxo
Share:

1 comment

© VintageELLE09 | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig